Friday, April 19, 2013

Annie and Clarabel

I was asked how I painted and modified Annie and Clarabel for the video clips I made, so here are these sweet ladies!



Studying from the episodes from Season 5 onwards, I modified these coaches to match how they looked after they were repainted and restored on the episode "Sir Hopham Hatt's Holiday" 1997.

The eyes are painted, and the mouth, pupils and eyelashes are ink pen. 

 
Using Folk Art Acrylics, yellow was mixed to orange to give them their color scheme. Gold Jell pen was used to color the handrails.

This was the first go at painting Annie and Clarabel this way, and in some places the paint is a little sloppy, but they still look lovely do they?

For the best results, I would strongly recommend saving the extra investment to using Badger Airbrushes for painting coaches, or any piece of rolling stock, with primer first to make paint stick, and hand mixing custom colors to get the look you want.


"No matter what we look like, we'll always be Useful!" Annie and Clarabel

Happy Modelling!

6 comments:

  1. I like your Bachmann Thomas with Annie and Clarabel, can you bring all of the engines and coaches and freight cars and troublesome trucks that I can play with? And I subscribed to your Youtube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Bachmann Thomas with Annie and Clarabel, can you bring all of the engines and coaches and freight cars and troublesome trucks that I can play with? And I subscribed to your Youtube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I like you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your trains!

    ReplyDelete