Sunday, February 23, 2014

"Slate Quarry:" A Short Film: Storyboards

Last semester in the fall, I created a storyboard project for my final assignment for Pre-Production, and here I am posting a few of my chosen panels to give you a rough idea of how I want the dioramas and the shows to look.

These are all drawn with Cole-erase pencils and graphite, on index cards. Now as a scale modeler, I do know that it takes a long time to model each diorama, and all of the elements that make it special, so while every single detail in these boards might not be covered immediately, it is something I will plan on making.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at these! Next time I will begin posting photographs of my models for progress.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! These are fantastic! I as well love animation, and have been trying to work on my own short train film, entitled "The Pocket-Watch." These were done on Index cards? Good idea. I can't wait to see this finished. Will it be all stop motion models? Or 2D?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As I mention before this will be all modeled, with locomotives and dioramas. I am really looking forward to seeing the progression of this project! Model progress photographs will be posted.

      Good luck with your animations!

      Delete
  2. You've certainly got your work cut out for you. I wish you the best of luck with the mighty task you've got in front of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Even if I don't cover everything that's boarded here, it is something I hope to aspire to with my own work as a professional stop-motion model maker. Your kind comments really mean a lot!

      Delete